Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Best Budget Mic For YouTube in 2024: More than just a good camera is needed to make engaging and polished YouTube videos; audio is just as important in giving viewers a fully immersive experience. The market is overflowing with different microphone options in 2024, all of them vying to be the greatest for YouTube videos. We’ll go over the essential features of four well-known microphones in this guide: the Boya M1, Rode VideoMicro, Boya MM1, and Rode Wireless GO.
1. Rode Wireless GO
With its cutting-edge wireless design, the Rode Wireless GO distinguishes itself and offers content creators unparalleled versatility. This small microphone system has a 70-meter range and is made up of a transmitter and receiver. For vloggers and YouTubers who need mobility without sacrificing audio quality, this makes it the perfect option.
- Range of Wireless: Up to 70 meters
- Regularity Reaction: 20 kHz – 50 Hz
- Maximum 7 hours of battery life for the transmitter (rechargeable built-in battery)
- Receiver Battery Life: 7 hours or more (rechargeable built-in battery)
- 31 g for the transmitter and 31 g for the receiver.
2. Rode video micro mic
Because of its small size and great performance, YouTubers love the Rode VideoMicro. With this microphone, you can capture high-quality directional audio with DSLR and mirrorless cameras. Its integrated shock mount reduces handling noise and vibrations for recordings that sound professional.
- Polar Configuration: Heart-Rate Frequency Reaction range: 100Hz–20kHz
- Ratio of Signal to Noise: 68dB
- Sensitivity: 1V/Pa, 1kHz = -33dB ± 2dB / 0dB
- 42g in weight
3. Boya MM1
For those on a tight budget, the Boya MM1 is a shotgun microphone that is both small and reasonably priced. The MM1 doesn’t skimp on quality even with its low price. It’s a great option for vlogging and on-the-go shooting because of its cardioid polar pattern, which minimizes background noise while capturing clear audio from the subject.
- Polar Configuration: Heart-shaped
- Regularity Reaction: 35 Hz–18 kHz
- Ratio of Signal to Noise: 76dB
- Sensitivity: 1V/Pa, 1kHz, -42dB ± 1dB / 0dB
- 86g in weight
4. Boya By M1
Boya M1 lavalier microphones are becoming more and more popular due to their affordability and adaptability. The M1’s long cable and clip-on design enable producers to record high-quality audio without having to hold a microphone. It’s a great option for tutorials, interviews, and any other setting where having a covert, hands-free microphone is necessary.
- Polar Pattern: All-encompassing
- Regularity Reaction: 18 kHz – 65 Hz
- Send a signal to74dB is the noise ratio.
- Sensitivity: 1V/Pa, 1kHz; -30dB ± 3dB / 0dB
- Length of Cable: 6 meters
- 68g in weight
5. Audio-Technica ATR2100x-USB
For those who create content and want the ease of USB and XLR connectivity along with professional audio quality, this dynamic handheld microphone provides a flexible option. Regardless of whether you’re new to YouTube or want to replace your old microphone, the Audio-Technica ATR2100x-USB is a flexible and dependable option for a variety of recording situations.
- Polar Configuration: Heart-shaped
- Regularity Reaction: 50 Hz – 15 kHz
- Bit Depth: sixteen bits
- Rate of Sample: 44.1/48 kHz
- Connector for Output: XLR and USB-C
- Headphones Jack: Indeed, with a volume knob.
- Analog-to-Digital Converter Built-in: Sure
Dual Connectivity: The ATR2100x-USB offers the versatility of both USB and XLR connections, enabling you to use it with a mixer or audio interface for more complex setups or directly connect to your computer or interface for digital recording.
Headphone Monitoring: You can precisely control your recording by monitoring your audio in real-time without any latency thanks to the integrated 3.5mm headphone jack and volume control.
Sturdy Construction: The microphone is made to resist normal use’s abrasions. Because of its durable construction and dependability, it’s a good option for a variety of recording environments.
High-quality sound capture is made possible by the cardioid polar pattern, which helps to focus and isolate the sound source while lowering background noise.
The ideal microphone for your YouTube videos will depend on your shooting style, budget, and individual requirements. For creators on a tight budget, the Boya MM1 offers a cost-effective yet feature-rich alternative, while the Rode Wireless GO offers unmatched freedom thanks to its wireless capabilities. Both the Boya M1 and Rode VideoMicro offer outstanding audio quality in small, hands-free designs, making them suitable for a variety of situations. In 2024, think about your own needs and preferences when choosing a microphone to improve the audio quality of your YouTube videos.
You can also watch my video on Youtube,